Come to introduce you to the tradition of the koto (Japanese traditional stringed instrument), its basic instrumental techniques and musical interpretation.
- Introduce students to traditional Japanese music.
- Have an initial approach to the technical and postural foundations of the execution of the instrument.
- Apply what students learned in the performance of a traditional Japanese piece of music.
CONTENT OF THE WORKSHOP
It will be a three-hour workshop.
- Brief historical introduction about the koto.
- General features of the instrument.
- Arrangement of the instrument.
- Body posture.
- Basic techniques of the right hand.
- Practice of a first level musical piece
- Practice of a second entry-level piece of music.
- Conclusions of the workshop.
The workshop will be held in a single day.
Duration: 2 hours.
Instruments will be provided by Nikyokan for the Workshop
TEACHER: ANDRÉS DUARTE LOZA
Composer. Full professor, teacher-researcher of the Department of Music of the National University of La Plata. National Professor of Music (IUNA), Bachelor of Composition (UNLP). Master of Arts with a specialty in music, graduated with honors from the Tokyo University of the Arts (Japan). He was a visiting professor at the Department of Music at the Tokyo University of the Arts. He has been a member of the Tokyo Koto Studio Jiyuryu since 2009.
Interested in traditional Japanese music with or without previous musical experience and knowledge.
If you have any questions or queries, write us to email@example.com