Join and discover the traditional sounds of Japan from sensei Fukuhara Tsuruaki. During the workshop students will learn basic technique and posture for the execution of the Kotsutzumi, and apply it in the interpretation of a musical piece.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- Introduce students to traditional Japanese music through the Kotsutzumi.
- Have an initial approach to the technical and postural foundations of the execution of the instrument.
- Apply what students learned in the performance of a traditional Japanese muical piece.
CONTENT OF THE WORKSHOP
It will be a two hours workshop.
- Brief historical introduction about the kotsuzumi.
- General characteristics of the instrument.
- Arrangement of the instrument.
- Body posture.
- Basic execution techniques.
- Practice of a first level musical piece
- Practice of a second entry-level piece of music.
- Conclusions of the workshop.
The workshop will be held in a single day.
Duration: 2 hours.
Instruments will be provided by Nikyokan for the Workshop
TEACHER: FUKUHARA TSURUAKI
Born in Japan and raised in a family of great Japanese dance artists, she completes her musical knowledge of singing and traditional instruments with such masters as Eihusaji Kineya and Tsurujiro Fukuhara, among others. Currently she specializes in Hayashi, the orchestra of traditional Japanese theater, and is one of the few teachers representing it.
Interested in traditional Japanese music with or without previous musical experience and knowledge.
If you have any questions or queries, write us to email@example.com